Let’s celebrate, 🎉🎊 I’ve hit 100 books on my 200 books Goodreads challenge.🎊🎉 Yay, go me. Also, actually um… I’ve read 101. I’m just not good at this tracking thing. ☺ Still, I’m at the halfway point!
If you can believe this, I used to be really bad at reading; English as a second language and all that. I had a teacher who really encouraged/forced me to read as a way to build up my vocabulary and well, the rest was history. Once I started, I just couldn’t stop. In a matter of two months, I went from a second grade reading level to a tenth grade level. I was in 6th grade at the time. So, when I hear people diss on programs like Accelerated Readers and Battle of the Books I just want to tell everyone to hush, because that stuff works- I am proof of that. I believe in programs like that and I believe in books. 📖 📖
By the time I was in high school I had my way through so many of those “50 books to read before….” lists. You can imagine that most of the books I read were classics. Great Expectations is still one of my favorite books hands down. When I finally ventured into read other books, I started off reading murder mysteries like Agatha Christie and scary type books like Stephen King. It wasn’t until I read a Wrinkle in Time and a Golden Compass that I discovered the awesomeness of Fantasy. I think the first time I read Harry Potter was when I was in tenth grade. There was no contest after that.
I promise there is a point to this. Have you noticed? I haven’t read/discovered romance books yet.
My friends will tell you that I’m the romantic type.💘 I can’t much deny that anymore because as you’ve noticed, almost everything I read is romance with a just little bit of paranormal/urban fantasy sprinkled in. It’s actually hilarious. I used to tell people that romance novels just weren’t my type because it was all insta-love, fairy tale types. 💑 Oh how the times have changed. Plus, I was young and didn’t realize that romance is SO MUCH more than that.
Since 100 is a lot of books, let’s recap!
These are my top 10 in the order that I read them. Yes, I cheated and I don’t even care.
- Seventh Grave and No Body by Daryanda Jones
- The Mason List by S.D. Hendrickson
- Stupid Girl by Cindy Miles
- Volition by Lily Paradis [Read my review here.]
- When I Fall by J. Daniels
- The 5 Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson
- Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews
- Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi (Ignite Me is my favorite)
- The Deal by Elle Kennedy
- More than This series by Jay McLean (More Than Forever is my favorite) [ Read my review here.]
If this were a top 20, I would have also included these (also in the order that I read them):
- Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fischer
- Heart of Marley by T.K. Leigh
- The Waiting Room by Alysha Kaye [ Read my review here.]
- Thoughtless Series by S.C. Stephens (Thoughtless is my favorite)
- Clear by Jessica Park
- Under Different Stars by Amy A Bartol
- Beautiful Secret by Christina Lauren
- Infinity + One by Amy Harmon
- Forever Red by Carina Adams
- Trust Me, I’m Lying by Mary Elizabeth Summer